Group members : Jeny Clarita H1031161083
Putry Parwaty H1031161005
Nabilla Pauliya H1031161064
Yesi Sundari H1031161082
A. Pre-reading Questions
1. In what ways will robots make our lives better in the future? In what ways will they make our lives worse?
· Robats wiil make our liver better in the future is when the robots can help us to get information easily and quickly.
· Robots will make our lives worse is when the robots make us forget people around us.
2. What kinds of robots would you like to see ?
· We’d like to see robots can teach us English
Read the text. Highlight an interesting idea in each paragraph.
· Paragraph 1 : Gates suggests that soon robots will be adopted in the home in the same way that personal computers have been.
· Paragraph 2 : Computing power is now cheap and powerful enough to serve as this brain`
· Paragraph 3 : But without doubt, they will free us from useless household duties and prevent us from being lonely.
C. Identifying Topic and Main Idea
1. Which of the following best describes the topic of the text ?
· c. Robots in the home
2. Which of the following best describes the main idea of the text ?
· a. robots will improve our lives in many ways.
D. Identifying Unnecessary Information
Which one of the following three opinions would the author probably disagree with ?
· A. all technology has done is to make our lives busier and more dependent on machines than ever`
Going Beyond The Text
Look at the list of jobs below. Which are you happy for robots to in the future ? why or why not?
· Airline pilot : we are disagree, because we are afraid if the system of the robots error, it can make the planes have accident`
· Cook : we are agree, because the robots can help the people who can’t cook, including me is so lazy to cook
· Doctor : we are disagree, because the robots can’t feel what are people feel, because the robots don’t have heart.
· Police officer : we are disagree. Because the system of robots can be hack by hacker, so the crime will increase.
· Singer : we are agree, because the robots can sing anytime without complain and get bored.
· Store clerk : we are disagree, because many humans are more interesting than robots and if the robots be store clerk then it will increase unemployment.
· Taxi driver : we are agree, because it can facilitate the passenger and will not get lost or wrong addreass.
· Teacher : we are agree, because the robots will always be willing if asked at anytime.